Monday, November 24, 2008

aftertaste

my nights are endless
undulating silken rivers
flowing through these veins
intoxicating, alluring,
like late-night coffee talks
I take with you

in slumber I swim, up
your body’s highest peak,
wrestling the tides like a fish
in love with the moon;
to hang your picture
aglow with the stars--

frame your face
with the ebbing of the aurora
immortal for all to see--
like the dotted gods of the night sky;
ancient greek watchmen
gaze at steadily

you sip your cup, smiling
as you watch me wade
through this, my sea of lucid dreams
in between more sips
we swirl; undaunted even
as dawn crawls her steady pace

she finds me awake,
giggling, shaking
caffeine-busted veins
smelling of me and you
and night time fishes too.

2 comments:

Niel said...

What a high you're having from coffee and the company you're keeping!

blaqgurl said...

I just came across your blog because I clicked on Talented Mr. Ripley in my profile to see who else likes that movie and I saw your profile so I checked out your poetry. Wow what beautiful imagery you create with words and what a pleasant surprise to read those words. You are a lovely poet and I look forward to reading more of your poems and thoughts in the future:) Take care!

blaqgurl